It is been a long time now since flower teas and floral teas have become part of the tradition and culture of many generations. The Chinese people were the ones who originated the tea culture because they believe that flower teas are effective medicines for any blooming tea illnesses and ailments. The popular Chinese teas they have developed are a combination of white teas with roses, black, oolong, chrysanthemums and jasmine, and green teas. Flowering teas or also known as blooming teas are handmade teas prepared by combining of gourmet tea together with blossoming flowers and aromatic flowers. These flower teas are easily prepared at home, it would just require you some patience, other used things and ingredients.
Flowers are one of the best decorations that add beauty and elegance in every home. They are attractive and wonderful plants that could provide a great feeling for everyone. Aside from being great decors, there are some blossoming flowers that are usually made to become herbal and healing teas. They can either be used alone, or combine them together with other flowers and mix them with other teas. If you think this is hard to do, well then you’re wrong. Handmade flower tea is very easy to do.
Here are the steps on how make flower tea:
• When picking flowers, cut the flowers that are pesticide free with a stem of 3 and 12 inches. Use scissors or pruning shears for cutting.
• At the base of the stems, tie together the flowers tightly with the use of a string. Just leave about a foot string at the base but loosely for hanging purposes.
• Cling the flowers in an upside down position using a hook, then nail or screw them and allow them to dry. The time to dry up the flower would usually depends on the size and the type of flowers. The petals can be mixed with tea or other herbs when they can be dried out and gets crumbly.
• Separate the flowers from its stems and put them in a plate or bowl. Breaking up larger flowers may also be a great thing to do and leaving the small flowers together.
• Integrate about 20 to 30 percent of dried flowers to dried tea leaves. For the type of tea leaves, it can be personal choices just adjust the percentage of flowers to suit the taste.